Troy Farm is a vegetable production and education project of Rooted. The farm has been growing certified organic vegetables on Madison’s Northside since 2001, and we are proud to be the city’s oldest urban farm. Troy Farm sells produce to farm members and other Madison residents at our on-site farm stand on Thursday evenings and at the Northside Farmers’ Market on Sunday mornings. We also teach small-scale, organic growing practices and explore the role of urban farms in local food systems and community organizing through our Urban Farmer Training Program.
The majority of the food we grow enters the community through our farm membership program. Members join the farm in the spring and receive fresh organic produce throughout the growing season (June – October). In addition to fresh, USDA Certified Organic produce grown in our urban farm, members have access to our u-pick flower garden, bulk purchasing, and the weekly Troy Farm newsletter.
Every Troy Farm member receives a Square gift card that has been loaded with your balance on it! When you purchase your veggies at the farm stand, we’ll swipe your card and that week’s purchase will be deducted from your balance. To check your balance:
- Click the button below.
- Enter your 16-digit gift card number and 4-digit PIN found on the back of your member card.
- If your card has a 4-digit PIN but the check balance feature does not work, you will be prompted to contact the Square seller ([email protected]) to check your balance.
- $150 – for an individual or couple
- $300 – for an individual or couple that really loves veggies or for a family that also grows some veggies in their own garden
- $450 – for a small family
- $600 – for a smaller family that loves to eat vegetables or for a larger family
Where to purchase
Troy Farm Stand
502 Troy Drive, Madison
June – October
Join us for Thursday Nights at Troy! During the farm season, our farm stand is more than just a place to find farm-fresh vegetables. It’s a community event including farm fresh prepared food, live music, fresh produce at the farm stand, fun activities, and tours of Troy Land and Gardens. Grab a picnic blanket and come join us!
Northside Farmers Market
1865 Northport Drive, Madison
June – October
The Northside Farmers Market has been bringing fresh, healthy food to the Northside of Madison for 15 years.
We started our sprout business in 2006. We are excited to grow something fresh that we can supply year-round. We offer a full line of sprouts, including mung beans, lentil mixes, peas, broccoli, and mixes with alfalfa and clover.
Customers can find our fresh sprouts year-round at several grocery stores in Madison including:
- All three Willy Street Co-op locations
- Metcalfe’s Market (Hilldale Shopping Center)
- Eastside Hy-Vee at 3801 East Washington Ave.
We grow and package certified organic basil, thyme, mint, oregano, chives, sage, parsley, and dill. Customers can find our packaged herbs for sale seasonally at Willy Street Co-op locations and Metcalfe’s Market at Hilldale Shopping Center.