The Farm to Early Care and Education (ECE) Outreach Specialist will develop and share materials and provide technical assistance and training experiences to child care providers, food service professionals, farmers, and/or parents. The Farm to ECE Outreach Specialist promotes best practices in farm to ECE and garden-based education in Wisconsin. The Farm to ECE Outreach Specialist will also collaborate with state and national network partners committed to farm to ECE, farm to school, and school gardens.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Outreach Specialist:
- Aligns work with Rooted’s mission and vision, especially as it relates to a social and racial equity lens and equitable food systems.
- Develops educational materials, provides technical assistance, and/or conducts trainings based on the identified needs of farm to ECE.
- Collaborates with providers, support organizations, and project partners focused on farm to ECE.
- Participates in strategic and long-term planning with project partners, including farm to ECE and cross-collaborations in farm to school and school garden initiatives.
- Helps in the development, dissemination, and review of evaluation tools and processes.
- Creates and disseminates farm to ECE and youth garden education resources.
- Supports efforts in the design, compilation, and dissemination of the farm to school and farm to early care newsletter.
- Supports in planning and participates in the WI Farm to ECE workgroup and in coalition building for farm to ECE.
- Attends staff, management, project partner, community, and other relevant meetings as necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
The Outreach Specialist has (a/the):
- Education and/or experience working in early childhood care and education, including in the areas of nutrition education, youth gardening, health and wellness, and/or related areas.
- Experience with non-profit organizations a plus.
- Proficient use of or a willingness to learn office software, email, and other technology.
- Willingness to serve as an ambassador for Rooted and on behalf of farm to ECE, farm to school, and youth garden networks in a wide variety of venues and circumstances.
- Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments, responsibilities, and tasks.
- Flexibility and a willingness to grow in response to needs or changes in the field.
- Ability to work independently and to be innovative and resourceful while planning and organizing the workload.
- Experience building authentic relationships with cultural competence and working directly with people of diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Strong experience providing support and leadership while working in teams, including the ability to be sensitive to the diverse perspectives of individuals.
- The incumbent should own or have unrestricted access to reliable automobile transportation and provide proof of automobile insurance as required by the State of Wisconsin. They should provide a copy of a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- An ability to speak a second language is desirable.
Position Classification & Probationary Period
This position is FLSA Exempt at $17.10; Full Time: 1 FTE. This position has a six (6) months probationary period.
How to Apply
Please send an electronic version of your cover letter and resume to Kim Wahl, Education Director, at [email protected] or mail to:
2702 International Lane, Suite 200
Madison, WI 53704
For priority consideration, please send us your cover letter and resume by December 20, 2020. Thank you!